OnePlus 5, the latest flagship smartphone from the Chinese company, is now receiving a firmware update that bumps the version to OxygenOS 4.5.12 and brings new fixes. The latest update OxygenOS 4.5.12 started rolling out to users over the weekend, and is being made available to users over-the-air in an ‘incremental’ fashion, i.e., rolling out in batches.
The latest OxygenOS 4.5.12 fixes bug of missing icon of Download app in 4.5.11, supports customisation of notification ringtone, and improves launching speed of apps. It also improves optimised adaptive brightness, fixes issue of YouTube video lagging behind audio, and display issues of some UI elements. The new incremental update also fixes issue of no 4G+ network in some regions, and bumps the Android security patch to September. The update also brings general bug fixes. As expected, the new update will be rolled out to users steadily, and OnePlus 5 users can expect to receive the update in a few days.
Notably, the new changelog for OxygenOS 4.5.12 update brings identical fixes earlier seen with OxygenOS 4.5.11 update. The OnePlus 5 is also expected to receive Android 8.0 Oreo update soon as the handset was spotted running the new Android version.
Download OxygenOS 4.5.12 for OnePlus 5 (Full Rom + OTA) / 3 Way to Install
The update is rolling out via OTA (over-the-air) and many users already getting OxygenOS 4.5.12 for OnePlus 5. The update is incremental and rolls out in phase wise manner. You can wait for the OTA updates, or you can Update Oneplus 5 to OxygenOS 4.5.12 manually with below method. Download OxygenOS 4.5.12 for OnePlus 5 from below.
OxygenOS 4.5.12 Features and Changelogs –
- Fixed bug of missing icon of Download app in 4.5.11
- Supports customization of notification ringtone
- Improved launching speed of apps
- Optimized adaptive brightness
- Fixed issue of YouTube video lagging behind audio
- Fixed display issues of some UI elements
- Updated Android security patch to September
- Fixed issue of no 4G+ network in some regions
- General bug fixes
- This method is only for the OnePlus 5.
- Full ROM can be flashed via TWRP as well.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will not erase your data, but still, we advise you to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download OxygenOS 4.5.12 for OnePlus 5
- OxygenOS 4.5.12 Full ROM for OnePlus 5 – Download, Mirror
- OxygenOS 4.5.11 to OxygenOS 4.5.12 OTA for OnePlus 5 – Download
How to Install OxygenOS 4.5.12 Update on OnePlus 5
For Non-Rooted Users
- Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC.
- Download the OxygenOS 4.5.12 for OnePlus 5 from above Copy ROM to a folder where adb installed.
- Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
- Choose Install from ADB Sideload
- Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC
- On ADB folder press shift+right click and click on open command here.
- Now check your connection by typing the below command
- adb devices
- if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM
- Flash the Oxygen OS 4.5.12 on OnePlus 5 by typing below command
- adb sideload File Name.zip
- Now wait until the process complete and then Reboot the phone.
- Download OxygenOS 4.5.12 OTA zip file from above and save it on your internal phone memory.
- Now Go to Settings > System Updates > Settings Icon > Local Upgrade & Select the OTA File.
- Select upgrade now when the system prompts.
- Now your device will reboot into stock recovery and flash the OTA.
- The installer will flash the OTA itself and reboot the device.
For Rooted Users
- First Unlock your device bootloader and Install TWRP on your Device. Skip this step if already installed TWRP.
- Reboot your device into Recovery mode and create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now wipe your cache files by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache and Dalvik cache and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the OS 4.5.12 Full Rom Zip & swipe to Install the ROM file
- Now Flash the Magisk Or SuperSU again to maintain the root (Optional).
- Wipe Dalvik & Cache again.
- Reboot System and Enjoy.
That’s all this is the complete guide to Download OxygenOS 4.5.12 for OnePlus 5. Have any questions? Do let us know that in the comments below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.