Earlier this year, HMD Global announced a smartphone Nokia 6, which was initially available exclusively in China. As part of the Consumer Electronics Expo MWC 2017, which was held in Barcelona, the manufacturer announced the global launch of the “six.” Some foreign resources have already been able to evaluate the novelty and make a first impression about it. The company itself claims that this phone is the perfect combination of performance and battery life.
Nokia 6 Arte Black, the special edition model that was announced at MWC 2017, seems set to launch in the US soon. Compared to the standard Nokia 6 that comes with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage, the Arte Black variant which features 4GB RAM and 64GB of inbuilt storage. As for the price, the listing mentions that the Nokia 6 Arte Black price will be $299 in US. This is $70 higher than the price of the standard version of the handset in the country.
- Nokia 6 – 32GB black with original packaging:
- Nokia USB power adapter
- Nokia USB cable
- Nokia headset
- The device has two slots for SIM cards. This makes it possible, for example, to manage the private and business telephone numbers separately on a single device. For example, you can use a separate app to manage two whatsapp accesses. Simultaneous use of SIM cards from different countries or from different providers is thus also possible. The advantages for people who spend much time abroad or travel are obvious. They combine two phone numbers in one device.
- With equipment warranty service and warranty – duration, scope and all guarantee conditions of our dealer guarantee you can find in our terms and conditions.
- No mobile phone contract
- German menu navigation
- No software firing
- Usable with all providers, including prepaid cards
- Operating instructions in full version are not supplied by the manufacturers. On request we will send you the German or another available language as a PDF file.
Nokia 6 Review
How does the Nokia 6 feel when you hold it in your hand? In general, the phone is quite comfortable on the palm of your hand, but you need to get used to its edges a little. The downside is the presence of fingerprints on the case, which spoil the whole picture. But this problem can easily be solved with the help of additional accessories. On the back of the all-metal case, you can also notice a slightly protruding camera lens and flash, which we are already used to.+
On the right side of the case there are power buttons and to change the volume. They work perfectly – the click is clicked when pressed. On the front panel housed the main button with a built-in fingerprint scanner. It is surrounded by two touch buttons with backlight for navigation and viewing applications.
Hardware and software
Nokia 6 has a modest “stuffing”. The heart of the smartphone was the Qualcomm Snapdragon 430. But there is a large display with a diagonal of 5.5 inches. By the way, the manufacturer claims that the phone has a special function to analyze the amount of sunlight to automatically adjust the screen in bright light.
HMD Global also launched a limited series of Nokia 6 Arte Black with a glossy design, an increased memory capacity of up to 4GB instead of 3GB, and a built-in 64GB instead of 32GB. Plus there is a slot for increasing memory.
Price and Availability
The price of the Nokia 6 Arte Black is $70 more than its original version that was launched at $229.99 earlier this year. As spotted on Amazon The smartphone was temporarily out of stock. However, the online listing is allowing customers to place an order. The handset also comes with US warranty – suggesting its official launch for the near future. The new finish makes the handset a premium-looking device.
Specifications of Nokia 6 Arte Black
- Android operating system (7.1)
- The dimensions of the device are 154 x 75.8 x 8.4 mm. Weight: 169 grams
- The case is made of aluminum.
- Available colors: black, gold, gray, blue.
- Full HD display 5.5 inches, resolution – 1080 x 1920 pixels, density – 401 ppi. Protective glass – Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- The main camera is 16 MP, a dual LED flash. Aperture 0. Face recognition, digital zoom, geo-tags, HDR, panorama, etc. Record video in the format of 1920 × 1080 (1080p HD) (30 fps).
- The front camera is 8 MP.
- Eight-core processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 430. Graphics Processor – Adreno 505
- The amount of RAM is 3 GB.
- The minimum internal memory is 32 GB. Expandable up to 128 GB using microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC.
- Battery capacity 3000 mAh.
- The battery life in talk mode is up to 18 hours, in standby mode up to 32 days, in music playback mode – up to 22 hours.
- Support 2 SIM cards.
- There is a fingerprint scanner.
- Stereo speakers of Dolby Atmos.
- Support 4G LTE.
Apart from the RAM, storage and the new back panel, the Nokia 6 Arte Black and the original Nokia 6 have no differences. Both have a 5.5-inch full-HD IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection, Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 430 chipset, 16-megapixel rear camera sensor with PDAF and an 8-megapixel autofocus front camera sensor.
The Nokia 6 includes a dual-speaker setup and has Dolby Atmos sound as well as a 3,000mAh battery. There are plenty of connectivity options such as Bluetooth v4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, A-GPS, NFC and a Micro-USB port with OTG support. Besides, the smartphone has a fingerprint sensor on the rear and comes with 4G VoLTE.
Back in June, HMD Global launched the regular Nokia 6 (review) in India with a price tag of Rs. 14,999 and The limited edition Arte Black model is expected at # 80,000 Nigeria naira. The handset is currently available for purchase through Amazon India in two colour options, including Matte Black, and Silver.