HOW TO CHANGE IMEI NUMBER
To do this we need to install two apps.
* IMEI Analyzer: Download Here
* MTK Engineering Mode Start: Download Here
First we need a IMEI Analyser.
The IMEI is a very delicate number so you can’t just randomly generate numbers and tweak you have to first analyse it.
This is how we do that;
Let me use the TECNO for example
First we get the identifying number of the phone we want to change to.
“358429973” the first nine digits of an imei number are the legit numbers the rest can be tweaked but do not change the first nine digits.
After getting the first nine, you randomly add any 5 numbers.
So we have 14 digits now. “35842997312345” remaining one more number.
This last number is called the “check digit” so it cannot be randomly added. If you do, you’ll end up having a bogus IMEI number that doesn’t work. This Is Where the IMEI Analyser comes to play.
- Now open your IMEI Analyser and input the 14 numbers we have gotten into the box provided. And click analyse.
- It will analyze it and give you the complete IMEI number including the check digit.
- After you’ve gotten the full IMEI, write it down, close IMEI Analyser and open MTK Engineering Mode.
- After opening MTK Engineering Mode
- Click on MTK Setting
- Then, swipe your screen to the left to view more options.
- Then select CDS Information
- Then select radio Information.
- Then select phone 1 if you want to change the imei for SIM 1 or phone 2 for SIM 2.
- Press E on your Keypad it will drop down some options,
For Sim 2 select: AT+EGMR=1,10,””
After that put the new imei between the “” like this AT+EGMR=1,7,”358429063123457” Then put a space in between AT and + so it appears like this AT+EGMR=1,7,”358429063123457”
Then press sendAT command.
A message should pop up saying “At Command is msent”.
After that toggle your phones’s airplane mode ON then OFF.