This app now contains both FoxFi (WiFi mode, may not work on your phone – details below) and PdaNet (USB or Bluetooth mode). You can now share your smart phone’s Internet connection with your computers or tablets through either USB, Bluetooth or even WiFi Hotspot on some phone models. Most importantly this app does not require the extra tether plan (mobile hotspot plan) from your carrier. Also, NO ROOTING NEEDED for your Android phone. The free edition will have timed usage limit. Otherwise, it is the same as the full version.
Easy to install and operate
Turns your device into a WiFi hotspot
Share your mobile’s Internet connection with others
USB mode allows you to connect your device to the Internet via a USB cable connected to your Android device
Due to lockdowns through each phone system update, WiFi mode will only be allowed on a short list of compatible devices. As of 11/2016, IN GENERAL:
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) or later no longer allows WiFi mode even for Verizon phones.
- Verizon Samsung phones (S3/4/5/6/7/Edge, Note 2/3/4/5, etc.), Verizon LG phones (V10, G2/3/4/5, etc.) and Verizon Sony phones (Z2/Z3) are supported by Android versions up to Android 6.0/6.1.
- Verizon HTC phones (M7/8) will only work on Android 4.1 ~ 4.4.
- AT&T Samsung phones will only work on Android 4.2 or below.
- Verizon Motorola phones will only work on Android 4.3 or below.
- Other carriers/phones will only work if they still have Android 4.0 or below.
- Straight Talk phones will only work if it uses Verizon and is compatible with the above.
- For all other phones, use USB mode or Bluetooth mode instead.
USB mode works on almost all Android phones. It allows connection from Windows PC or Mac. Also, PdaNet comes with a “WiFi Share” feature that can further turn the Windows PC into a WiFi Hotspot so that you can connect other devices to it and share your phone’s Internet connection.
T-Mobile or MetroPCS users can only use USB mode with “Hide Tether Usage” enabled in PdaNet.
If your phone is not recognized by your computer after connecting USB, please see: http://pdanet.co/driver
Please treat Windows tablets (non-RT) the same as Windows PC.
Bluetooth mode allows connection from Windows (PC) or Android tablets (excludes Android 4.4) or devices that support Bluetooth DUN.
A system bug in Android 4.4 for tablets will break Bluetooth mode; this is fixed in Android 5.0 or later.
For Android tablets, it is possible only the browser app will work in Bluetooth mode. That is because other apps may be looking for a wifi or cell phone connection and not recognize the Bluetooth Internet.
One way around the above two issues is to find a wifi hotspot to connect the tablet to at the same time (such wifi hotspot does not need to provide Internet access).
Bug fixing updates.
This App Has No Advertisements
Please Note: Android 7.0 (Nougat) or later no longer allows WiFi mode even for Verizon phones. Please use USB mode or Bluetooth mode instead of using our software. Download FoxFi apk file below and start sharing your Android device’s Internet connection with others on the go.
How to Install the FoxFi Full Version?
Download the APK from below links and Install on your Device.
File Name: FoxFi Full Version Apk
OS Support: Android 2.2+